The Home Shopping Process
As your real estate agent, Franks most important job is to make the home shopping process pleasant and rewarding for you.
He does that in a number of ways.
He regularly recommends properties for viewing that closely match your needs and wants, and are within your price range. That spares you the frustration of visiting homes that aren’t suitable.
He make sure you don’t miss opportunities. When a desirable property suddenly comes on the market, you’re alerted.
He helps you schedule viewings that fit your schedule, so there’s little if any inconvenience for you.
Before you view a property, he provides you with in-depth details on the home, so you can make an informed decision. This includes closing dates, market value, and more. Later, if you have questions, he gets the answers for you.
He also gives you the scoop on the neighborhood, so you get a clear sense of what an area is like in terms of lifestyle, safety, schools, etc. You can count on Frank to steer you away from undesirable areas, and point out only those he feels you are desiring.
When you find a property you like, he’ll give you his honest, professional recommendation as to how well the home meets your needs and wants. You won’t have to make such an important decision without Frank’s expert advice.
As your real estate agent, he’s committed to getting you into the right home, and he’ll be with you every step of the way.
What to Look for when Viewing a Property
Here are a few questions and ideas to consider when viewing homes to help make the process easier and more productive:
- Does the home have your “needs” features (those features you must have)? (For example, number of bedrooms, closet space, kitchen size, etc.)
- Does the home have any of your “wants” features (those features you’d like to have but would be willing to forgo)? (For example, large backyard deck, spacious family room, etc.)
- What is the general condition of the home? (Are there signs that the owners have kept up with repairs and maintenance?)
- Will the home need any major repairs, remodeling or renovations? Is there anything, such as the furnace, that may need to be replaced soon?
- What do you like most about the home?
- Is there anything about the home you don’t like? Can that be changed with a remodeling or renovation now or in the future?
- Take a walk around the neighbourhood. Are the homes well-kept, indicating pride of ownership?
- Do you like where the home is situated in the neighbourhood?
- Does the neighbourhood have what you want? (For example, access to public transit, shopping, local parks, etc.)
Viewing properties should never be a frustrating ordeal. It’s Frank’s job to help make the process easy and productive for you, so you can find the home you want.
Ready to get started? Call, text or email and let Frank know more about the kind of home you’re looking for. Or, submit the form below and he’ll get back to you.